Christopher Hardy Zoukis is the author of Federal Prison Handbook (Middle Street Publishing, 2017), Prison Education Guide(Prison Legal News, 2016), and College for Convicts: The Case for Higher Education in American Prisons (McFarland & Co., 2014). He is also a contributing writer to Prison Legal News, The Huffington Post, Criminal Legal News, and the New York Daily News.
Mr. Zoukis holds a Bachelor’s of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (business administration and legal studies) and an MBA in leadership studies from Adams State University.
He has also earned numerous awards for his writing:
· Society of Professional Journalists (2018): Mark of Excellence finalist
· Foreword Reviews Book Awards (2018): Indie Book of the Year finalist, for Federal Prison Handbook
· Eric Hoffer Book Awards (2018): Montaigne Medal finalist, for Federal Prison Handbook
· Feathered Quill Book Awards (2018): Nonfiction award, for Federal Prison Handbook
· Indie Reader Discovery Award (2017): Nonfiction award, for Federal Prison Handbook
· Readers' Favorite Book Awards (2017): Gold medal awarded in general nonfiction category, for Federal Prison Handbook
· American Bar Association's Top 100 Law Blawgs (2016): for Prison Law Blog
· Eric Hoffer Book Awards (2015): Montaigne Medal, for College for Convicts
· Pen America Center Prison Writing Awards (2012): Fiction (short story “Jesusland”) and Drama (screenplay “Healing Bin Laden”)
Mr. Zoukis is currently the Marketing Director of Brandon Sample PLC, a federal criminal defense law firm.